Welcome to Well Done, Well+Good’s seriously tasty food (and drink!) video series, featuring easy-healthy-gorgeous recipes from the wellness scene’s buzziest chefs, nutritionists, and Instagram foodies.
What does a relationship between a chocolate cake and peanut butter blondie look like? Besides the obvious (happiness, food porn and the gates of heaven), it’s a Well Done brownie!
In collaboration with food goddess Charley’s Health, we found a solution to satisfy your gym goals and life needs: a peanut butter protein brownie that is raw, gluten free, dairy free, vegan and only takes 20 minutes to make.
No more caving in to decadent boxes of pre-packaged nasties, time is not an excuse with these no fuss ingredients. Whip them up and pop them in your bag for a tasty post lunch treat that’ll keep you fuller, satisfied and still guilt-free.
With no added sugar, the key to sweetness here is rich cocoa powder and intrinsic dates. Fragrant and moreish, watch the video above (blenders at the ready) and scroll down for the full detailed recipe.
Use a nut butter with no added salt or preservatives for a rich, nutty texture and a 100% cocoa powder for an intense chocolatey kick. If you find your batter is too dry, add more coconut oil (unrefined) or dates and similarly if it is too wet, feel free to add more dry ingredients. For vegans, be cautious when choosing your protein powder, we used SF Nutrition’s dark chocolate and it worked like a dream.
Raw PB and Extra Protein Brownies
½ cup walnuts
½ cup pitted dates
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 scoop chocolate protein powder of your choice
For the peanut butter frosting
3 Tbsp peanut butter
3 Tbsp runny honey
- Blend all brownie ingredients together until a soft crumbly texture is formed.
- Pat down brownie batter into clean dish and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or freeze for 30 minutes-half an hour.
- Mix the frosting ingredients together until well incorporated and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Spread the frosting evenly on the brownie batter and refrigerate for a further 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Slice them into even squares and drizzle with honey for extra indulgence (maybe a scoop of ice cream too?)
Check out other sweet treats here.
In collaboration with Charley’s Health.